925 sterling silver plated & 18k gold plated
As our jewellery is plated it will tarnish over time but you can follow the below steps to keep them in the best condition possible.
• Remove your silver during household chores or self care. Moisturisers, perfume, tan, household cleaners, chlorine, deodorant and many more substances can cause tarnish.
• Keep your jewellery stored in a dry place and out of direct sunlight. Be extra careful on holiday, at the beach or pool.
• Always put your jewellery on last after all products used on the skin will have soaked in.
*The above is best practice to keep your jewellery perfect and we are aware stacking pieces aren’t usually removed. In this case they will tarnish over time and the gold will lose the coating to expose silver underneath. Although they will last 4-8 months under these conditions as a rough estimate. This also depends on what products they come into contact with.
Cleaning your silver
• Clean your jewellery with soap and water often after wear to remove any excess body oils or products which could accelerate tarnishing.
• Make a paste from baking soda and water apply a small amount to a cloth and scrub gently.
• For heavy tarnish soak your sterling silver in ½ cup of white vinegar and 2 tbsp of baking soda (combine these in the sink and prepare yourself for the fizzing and foam) for two to three hours. Rinse jewelry and pat dry.
• Use a sterling silver polishing cloth to polish jewellery after cleaning.
Surgical stainless steel
• Hypoallergenic which means it is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction
• We would not advise to shower, swim or spray any perfumes/moisturisers near these pieces as they will lose their colour over time
• Surgical steel will tarnish faster than 925 sterling silver. If you want to keep your pieces in all the time and keep them longer choose 925 sterling silver.
Alloy metal/costume jewellery
• Any of our other pieces which don't state they are 925 sterling silver will be alloy metal/costume jewellery.
• These pieces need extra special care as they will easily tarnish and you will not be able to remove it.